WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT APPLE’S LATEST iPHONE IN SIX AND PLUS
TO BRING TO, BUY, USE AND SUPPORT ISSUES THROUGHOUT THE KOREAN PENINSULA
BUT CANNOT EVEN FATHOM WHICH GUEST-HOUSE TO STAY IN THE FIRST PLACE DUH
[ iNDEX ]
- Warranty and Repair
- I imagine a bulk of Koreans would use popular Korean cell phones and smart-phones from SamSung and LG – is this so ?
－while iPhone toppled roughly 30% during introduction stage on 3S & 4, it fluctuated swiftly over 5 & 5S and current usage is estimated less than 5% over the Peninsula, but expected to make a come-back due to reasons mentioned recently on this BLog ..
- how cool and convenient is iPhone, to use in South Korea ?
－iPhone and MacBooks are ideal for show at trendy coffee shops, as both are not that convenient on local culture (the way of life plus technical systems). as sited just above : iPhone almost went out-cast if it had not made things possible for a come-back this Season 😉
- can I bring my American-bought iPhone, and use it in South Korea ?
－T-Mobile or unlocked would do, also from neighboring Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia where 6 and Plus was released a Month ahead .
- how about roaming, while traveling around the Korean Peninsula ?
- how many Apple Stores are there in South Korea ?
－On-Line Store is the ONLY Official one but best to take it as a transitional warehouse than a full-fledged branch -_-
- can a foreigner sign-up for subscription plans, in South Korea ?
- there seem to quite a number of places to sign up at : what is the difference between Apple Korea On-Line Store, telecommunication branches and ReSellers ?
- should I buy at a local telecommunication or ReSeller branch near me, or at a larger central location ?
- (The Six-Million Dollar Question) should I choose the larger-than 5/5S : iPhone 6 or even larger Plus ?
- OK, so which capacity should I choose : 16GB, 64GB or 128GB ?
- then which carrier should I sign-up with : KT, SKT, LGT or Hello Mobile ?
- OK then, which among a myriad of plans should I sign-up for ?
- the long subscription plan list is quite intimidatingly complicated . what should I look out for ?
- is there any buy-in plans where I they can take my old phone deduct the value difference ?
- how long after purchase can I exchange or refund, if I change my mind or find a defect ?
- is my warranty from the States, valid in South Korea ?
- how about the way around : can I repair my iPhone bought in Korea abroad ?
- how about insurance, in case I drop or sink my phone ?
- what should I do if I cracked its LCD screen or sinked in water, and how much repair bill should I expect ?
more answers coming,
– another extensiF Apple mobile device moment by Korea Tech BLog –