what you always wanted to know about wireless routers AND usage in South Korea, but just couldn’t find the right answer in Korea Tech BLog because of already so~ much information abound !
* * * WireLess Router F. A. Q.* * *
[ iSP – your internet Service Provider ]
- How do internet signal arrive into my office or home ?
- Can a foreigner sign-up for internet service in South Korea ?
- What kind of internet-connection services are available in South Korea ?
- My local neighborhood Cable TV company also seem to be offering internet packages . Should I take it or, is it better to sign-up internet service separately ?
[ your internet Modem ]
- The internet guy set up a black plastic box called modem beside my computer monitor . Should the Lights be ON, OFF or blinking ?
- Suddenly I am NOT getting any internet connection . What to do ?
- How do I re-Set this internet modem ?
[ Router, WireLess and Wi-Fi ]
- What is a Router ?
- What is a WireLess Router, then ?
- OK, What is the difference between a Wi-Fi hotspot and a private Wi-Fi router ?
[ Router Compatibility in South Korea ]
- Will a router purchased in the States, work in South Korea ?
- Which router sold States-side is also available in South Korea ?
- Which cheap router can I buy in South Korea, to apply hacked DD-WRT firmware for the most bang-for-the-buck ?
[ ipTime Routers ]
- Why is ipTime routers so popular in South Korea ?
- Where can I purchase ipTime routers abroad ?
- Which ipTime router model should I Buy ?
[ WireLess Router Basics and Security ]
- How do I connect a router ?
- Can my next-door neighbor log-in to my wireless router, and piggy-back on my internet signal which I am paying for ?
- Current routers seem to have the capability to block-out virus at the point of entrance into my office or home . is this enabled automatically, and should I use it ?
- What is a FireWall ?
[ Operating a Router ]
- What is the PassWord for my router ?
- The whole Menu in the initial SetUp screen is in Korean . Can I change this to English or any other language ?
- Should the lights on the router be ON or Blinking ?
- all the lights are on or blinking, BUT I cannot connect to the internet .
- I have unstable connection : OK for a while then not working at random .
answers, or rather suggestions coming up,