Korea Tech BLog presents :
– Frequently Asked Questions –
WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT
ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS IN SOUTH KOREA
( but got LOST in YongSan Electronics Market District )
– answers coming up –
- is Mac use pretty wide-spread in South Korea ?
- should I upgrade my Windows XP or Vista to 7 ?
- I found a small dot on my new monitor . what is it and should I take it back ?
- the laptop I bought in South Korea has Korean Windows installed . how can I change this into English ?
– or can I keep using my English version of Windows when I start working AND living in South Korea ?
- should I bring my laptop back when leaving South Korea ?
COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK :
- why are Koreans obsessed with sheer speed in everyday Life – from taxis to the latest broadband connection ?
- would there be any particular reason why every office big-and-small is extensively networked, wireless access points abound on the streets, as well as home and the virtual community so~ active in South Korea ?
- is there a specific reason why South Korea now boasts THE fastest domestic internet connection in the whole wide World ?
- you have so much information on internet connection within South Korea as well as out-bound roaming, but how about in-bound ? such as bringing a foreign-serviced cell phone INTO the Peninsula ?
- would my DD-WRT router from the States work seamlessly in South Korea ?
- seems every Korean is using a variation of ipTime router . but they have so ~ many models I am NOT sure which one would be right for me .
- actually I came to this BLog to ask one thing : genuine dedicated batteries for Japanese digital cameras cost many times-fold than independent ones mostly manufactured in China . what really is the difference aside from price ?
- is it better to buy a digital camera when I arrive in South Korea or get it abroad before ?
- would you recommend buying a digital camera in neighboring Japan where most are manufactured,
– notably in the ‘Export’ section of larger sellers in the Electronics District ?
- electronics district in Tokyo AND Osaka is known world-wide but how does its Korean counter-part compare to this ?
– I mean, is it as large AND can I get /anything/ there ?
– and how do stores compare with the likes of um .. BestBuy, Fry’s AND CompUSA ?
– Computerized, Korea Tech BLog –