EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT IPTIME WIRELESS ROUTERS
This BLog contains an extensiF guide AND some of the most solutions to choosing, operating and fixing popular models from South Korea’s monopolizingly dominant wireless network router brand ipTime . still questions keep rollin’in with mostly the same inquiries, over and over . thus here gathering some of the issued questions and answers – ofcourse : regularly updated .
THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION : WHY USE IPTIME ?
- Situation : you bring your beloved device which is a common model back home, to use here,
- Situation : you are accustomed to using hacked firmware on the cheapest device,
- Situation : you are a haute connoisseur and insist on using the most advanced wireless router in the whole World – mostly Taiwaniese and American top-of-the-line products, costing more than twice the most expensive ipTime model .
on all cases above : there will come a time – rather sooner than later – your router simple won’t work or at least connect but notoriously unstable, and you won’t be able to figure out why nomatter what firmware you install in sequence . all this while only ipTime constantly updates their firmware in uncomparable regularity than other manufacturers, domestic and imports . sure ipTime – a relatively new company and affordable – has its short-comings but its the best chance you have circa Post-Millennium in retaining a stable connection to the Virtual World which South Korea is much dependent upon daily, as well as at work .
▶WHERE CAN I PURCHASE IPTIME MODELS OUTSIDE SOUTH KOREA ?
– ipTime sells only in South Korea and has no plans even as of 2014, to export .
▶DO IPTIME OFFER WARRANTY AND REPAIR IN AMERICA ?
– No and No .
▶WHERE IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I CAN BUY IPTIME PRODUCTS IN SOUTH KOREA ?
– like any other product sold in South Korea : On-Line would have the most discount, and I recommend buying from a large site operated by a conglomerate, with lenient refund as well as exchange policies – as many things can go wrong on wireless routers .
14.12.17 ▶WHICH ELECTRIC VOLTAGE DO IPTIME WIRELESS ROUTERS USE ?
– all products made by EFM Networks under the brand name ipTime, are multi-voltage (marked “100~240V”) so you can use it on the either of the most used 110 and 220 voltage systems around the World – as noticed on their Official website . ofcourse you will need to fit-in appropriate plug thongs at the end, to match your country’s electric plug outlet . ( post-war South Korea was overtly 110V.however gradually switched around 1988 SEOUL Olympics and now use the same 220V.as Western Europe but the pair of nodes are slightly thicker in diameter )
*shown above : power adaptors for ipTime’s two top-of-the-line wireless routers A2004NS, Left and A3004NS in the year 2014
▶WHERE CAN I GET ENGLISH MENU FIRMWARES ON MY IPTIME MODEL ?
– ipTime only offers Korean language menu on all their models, and they have stated until 2014 : they do NOT have plans to make them in English nor any other language . however a few English menus have been spotted among higher-end models throughout 2014, in irregular frequency – covered several times on Post section on the center of this BLog . *so many questions have been asked AND answered here, that we do not deal with this subject any more .
▶IS SET-UP MENU LAY-OUT THE SAME AMONG ALL IPTIME MODELS ?
– Yes, they are common within the same category that the device is intended to function . but for those that have multiple functions, such as MULTI which can act as LAN card, wireless router, AP OR extender : the hardware switch on the exterior will (interestingly) change its menu appropriately .
▶HOW DO I RE-SET MY ROUTER BACK TO BASIC FACTORY SETTINGS ?
– most models have a tiny hole where you can insert the tip of a paper-clip (much like the SIM-card slot on the iPhone). push it in for about 10 seconds until you notice a sudden-quick flicking of LED lights drastically different from its usual blinking . let it go, and it will turn OFF completely and ON (re-boot) again by itself . *this will turn-back your router to its latest firmware : if you have updated it, instead of reverting completely to actual settings when it was manufactured .
▶WHAT IS THE DEFAULT ID OR USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO ACCESS MY SET-UP MENU ?
– this used to be NONE, meaning NO ID or user-name NOR password set when you buy a brand new device . but has changed late-2014 to a more secure (albeit complicated for the novice) setting :
- ID or user-name is admin (you can change this, or disable by leaving it empty)
- password is admin (you can change this, or disable by leaving it empty)
- CAPCHA code verification (you can disable this on the row below it)
▶WHERE SHOULD I BRING MY IPTIME DEVICE FOR REPAIR ?
- immediate replies On-Line as well as telephone support is one of the service that brought ipTime to swift popularity, so it be best to get someone who can communicate in Korean in front of your computer set-up and call them for virtual step-by-step check-up .
- if it needs to be sent-in : ipTime only has a single address – their head-quarters in the satellite city of BunDang about an hour’s drive South of the Capital of SEOUL . most correspondence in the small Korean Peninsula is done by over-night courrier costing about W4,000 for a small box the size of a moderate wireless router . they will pay freight if it is within their one-year Warranty period, or else you will have to pay both-ways . they work very fast on this too, so you will usually have your fixed or exchanged device after four business days from your initial ship-out date .
- but I recommend you bring-it in yourself if you live anywhere around this artificial town, full of nothing but endless rows of apartment buildings – a sight worth seeing if you come from a small town . directions are well described on my visit Post on December 2013 .
– Korea Tech BLog on the coldest night of the Year 2014 -17 degrees Celcius below freezing temperature –
[ TOTAL GUIDE TO SETTING-UP, CONFIGURING AND USING IPTIME WIRELESS ROUTER ]
THE most extensif information on ipTime WireLess Routers among the Solar NetWork in the Milky Way, only comparable to Krispy Kreme donuts :
- How to UpGrade FirmWare to latest version
- How to ReSET to Default Factory Settings
- internal Device Manual Set-Up for Basic Security
- Semi-Advanced Security Functions
- NAS network-attached storage on ipDisk to share your files
[ UPDATE LINKS ]
due to over-whelming popularity and ensuing questions : ipTime-related contents are regularly updated and supplemented, even when you recognize no new Posts on our Front Page . and considering quite an amount of ipTime topics throughout this BLog : you have to search efficiently to find what you are looking for . to do this, you have to understand the layout of this BLog mentioned times-over on our initial guide on Top Menu .
- topics deemed to hold true over a year : are written as specaially dedicated “Pages” found on Top Menu with tier levels depending on how extensive they are,
- Monthly and Seasonal head-lines are narrated as regular “Posts” shown on central content of this BLog : separated under appropriate “Categories” and recorded by its initial date into “Archives”
- “Category List” of Posts are found on Side Menu,
- and “Archive List” of Post are also found on Side Menu,