one of the top American domain registrar is again offering their now-annual massive discount instigated on 2011 and 2013, on domain transfer as well as hosting . supposedly for the purpose of donating approximately 12% to the freedom-fighters on the Web : Electronic Frontier Foundation . and in small print :
- on domains not previously transferred from them,
- one-year extension will not be added to domains already renewed within 45 days,
- valid for a single day only EST time,
- 50 domains and/or a single hosting plan per customer,
- excluding reseller hosting and renewals,
*careful because NameCheap only offers a 14-Day REFUND policy on hosting in contrast to some other reputable and/or reliable hosting companies who will return you any portions of unused hosting periods !
one big difference on larger registrars is that you can always call or even chat with them with less than 3-minutes waiting time, while your domain will be stuck in nowhere-land in case of no-name brands . always try one domain at a time on new registrars or even hosting company to verify you are comfortable with their menu and system .
– Oh, What a Nice Lunar New Years Present ! Korea Tech BLog –