so now um, you can Fly Away ~ with your NetBook / NoteBook / LapTop
OK this is a line of portable machine for specific users so if it is NOT your cup-cake go which event tickles your fancy at COEX Exhibition Centre . more-over this is limited to models available in South Korea for those even among same makers will vary depending upon where you are .
some makers noteably SamSung, LG and Sony have come up from last year with feather-light NoteBooks powerful enough to play some of the latest 3-D games WITH prestigeous design coming in price-tags hovering well over W2,000,000 mark . all the while Chinese are stamping out lucrative machines to sell at the lowest possible price . and you have Dell cooly laid-back getting the hint and offering their own version in their own smart style .
the past 2 years were wonderful years for ultra-portable 1.2 kg. NetBooks lasting 4, 5 and over 6 hours on a single battery recharge ! but skimsy screen-size AND barely enough power for serious work . so we saw some interest in larger 15″ ~ 17″ immobile LapTops early this year . but you realize these are times on-the-go and you still need a portable machine . ah yes the story of LapTops has always been the compromise between power AND lightness but we are getting closer by the year to that ultimate point in time when we would have all, at last .
[ Ruled-Out Categories ]
- 14″ LCD screens and larger for lightest here would still be 2kg. and you would want at least 1.7kg. for real mobility . besides you want a slightly smaller screen to take out AND slide back in on the plane /quickly/.
- 11″ LCD screens and smaller for twitching you eyes to work is downright unprofessional . and at some overseas meetings you DO want to get taken seriously .
- Sony Vaio is out because again to small letterings in a packed screen is more for entertainment than work AND play .
- at this time AND place price tag over W1,000,000 would take time AND value off re-sale . I tried to get all near W800,000 (hey even W600,000 like the selling-like pancakes NetBooks) but your guts just want a twitzy more power so ..
[ MSI X340 Super ] W800,000 September 2009 Black, Silver or White
Intel Core 2 Solo / SU3500 1.4GHz / 13.4″ LED BackLight 1366 x 768 320GB 2GB / Vista Home Premium / Intel GMA 4500MHD 1.45kg. 8 Cell 1Gbps LAN 802.11n WireLess HDMI D-Sub WebCAM BlueTooth Multi-Reader
a pleasure in power as well as weight considering its size, BUT its build is of low quality and it shows .
this is an extended battery version of the former X340 .
[ ASUS UL30A-QX076V ] W990,000 October 2009 in Black
Intel Core 2 Duo / SU7300 1.3GHz 13.3″ LED BackLight 1366 x 768 320GB 4GB DDR3 / 64 bit 7 Home Premium / Intel GMA 4500MHD 1.7kg. 8 Cell 100Mbps LAN 802.11n WireLess HDMI D-Sub WebCAM BlueTooth Face Recognition Multi-Reader Extruding KeyBoard
says it lasts 12 hours and it DOES !
[ ASUS UX30-QX077V ] W1,080,000 November 2009 in Silver
Intel Core 2 Deo SU7300 1.3GHz 13.3″ 1366 x 768 320GB 3GB 7 Home Premium Intel GMA 4500MHD 1.45kg. Lithium Polymer 3 Cell 1Gbps LAN 802.11n WireLess HDMI WebCAM BlueTooth Face Recognition Multi-Reader Extuding KeyBoard KeyBoard BackLight
compared with UL30A above : is thinner AND lighter, with upgrade LAN AND WebCAM, thus more expensive -_-
but has battery life cut in half //
[ DELL Inspiron 13z S541031KR ] W900,000 November 2009 in Red or Black
Intel Core 2 Duo Penlin SU7300 1.3GHz 13.3″ LED BackLight 1366 x 768 320GB 3GB DDR3 DVD Recorder 64 bit 7 Home Premium Intel GMA 4500MHD 1.79kg. 4 Cell 1Gbps LAN 802.11g WireLess HDMI D-Sub WebCAM BlueTooth Multi-Reader
as usual you can build in a few options when order WITH extra price, there-after assembled in China and delivered in a week ~ 10 days :
+W 40,000 offers full coverage repair OR replacement for a year even on user’s fault 😉
+W100,000 gives you NVidia GeForce G 105M Graphic Card
RUNNER-UPS : the following model /almost/ made it but ..
[ ACER Aspire Timeline 3810TZG ] W860,000 September 2009 in Grey
Intel Pentium SU4100 1.3GHz 13.3″ LED BackLight 1366 x 768 320GB 2GB DDR3 Windows 7 UpGrade Vista Home Premium AMD ATI Intel Radeon HD4330 GMA 4500MHD Dual Graphic 512MB 1.6kg. 6 Cell 1Gbps LAN 802.11n WireLess HDMI D-Sub WebCAM BlueTooth Multi-Reader
this one did NOT make it because ACER has a bad track record of HAVING product support in South Korea .
simply put : you never know when they will pack-up and leave //
[ MSI WIND NB U230 (L335)] W800,000 November 2009 in Black or White
AMD Athlon Neo X2 L335 1.6GHz 12.1″ 1366 x 768 320GB 4GB 7 Home Premium AMD ATI Radeon HD3200 1.39kg. 6 Cell 100Mbps LAN 802.11n WireLess HDMI D-Sub WebCAM BlueTooth Face Recognition Multi-Reader
and this one didn’t make our list because the screen is small although packs enough power
most NetBooks, NoteBooks and LapTops sold in South Korea carry product support on hardware up to a year
( caution for some local makers only guarantee for domestic use )
and most exchange if 1 bad/dead pixel found on center of screen OR 5 over-all OR /extreme/ light leakage .
all prices are lowest but dependable on-line discount counting up to Christmas 2009
AND you know I will be suggesting a whole lot of different models come Valentines Day <3
[ December 20th supplement ]
yeah right : after a sufficient general guide there is simply NO end to recommending a single notebook for already some new ones are coming onto the shelves . can’t get into details for I am glancing over it too but more powerful 12 inchers seem to be the message for now, although a slight variation of newer models introduced in late Summer or Fall . so check out the following plus more ~ to come :
- MSI WIND U200X – LongRun Fresh W700,000 12.1″ 1366×768 LED Back-Light, Pentium Penlin SU4100, low power 10w, ultra-thin, power-saving, 2GB 320GB on-board VGA, face-recognition, WireLess N, BlueTooth 2.0 USB x3, HDMI 6-cell battery in black or white thickness 24~31mm weight 1.49kg.
- MSI WIND U230 Congo MV40 W700,000 12.1″ 1366×768 LED Back-Light, Athlon Neo MV40, low power 15w, ultra-thin, power-saving, 2GB 320GB on-board VGA, face-recognition, WireLess N, BlueTooth 2.0 USB x3, HDMI 6-cell battery Windows 7 Home Premium, in black or white thickness 25~31mm weight 1.56kg.
- MSI X-Slim X7 W680,000 13.1″ 1366×768, Core 2 Solo Penlin SU3500 low power 5.5w, 2GB 160GB on-board VGA, WireLess N, USB x2 HDMI 4-cell battery Windows 7 Home Premium, in White or Black 6~20mm thick and 1.3kg.light !
- Asus UL30VT-QX012V Silver W1,200,000 ! 13.3″ 1366×768 Core 2 Duo Penlin SU7300 low-power 10w, 4GB 500GB ! on-board VGA + GeForce G210M Altec-Lansing speakers, face-recognition, wireless N BlueTooth 2.1 USB x4 HDMI multi-touchpad independent keyboard 8 cell battery, Windows 7 Home Premium 15~25mm thick and 1.7kg.light
[ December 29th supplement ]
so it seems Santa was here AND left might lurcrative presents for ALL of us including the out-of-this-World movie in James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ AND /seemingly/ a netbook / notebook / laptop that /everybody/ wanted in light, thin, powerful AND can play games 0o0
so, would you MSI X600 Light ? as sold in South Korea as of today and abroad as MSI X-Slim X600 ~
gotta re-check the specs for it is too good to be true :
15.6″ 1366 x 768, LED back-light Pentium Penlin SU4100 low power 10w, 2G 320GB Radeon HD4330 ! face-recognition, wireless N, BlueTooth 2.0 EDR, HDMI, eSATA 6 cell polymer battery *No OS available in Black or White 25mm thick and weighs 2.1 kg ! selling W800,000 at larger on-line discount stores
– Korea Tech BLog, December 2009 –