iMAX is immense spectacle for Avengers movies, but you want more . at the price of smaller screen, but you loose perception of grand screen size when wearing 3-D glasses anyways : so have opted for 4DX on The Avengers at the posh Cine City CGV, then Noah last Week at the huge YongSan CGV . then you still want more, so this time CGV’s miraculous sound effect dubbed SoundX which only shows on CGV branch deep underneath iFC Mall on Yoido island .
you seldom have a chance to come here in Yoido, a small island in the middle of Han River : not downtown nor the chick KangNam i.e., in the middle of noowhere unless ofcourse you work here . it is one of the earliest settlements outside the old downtown as city boundaries expanded with the development of the whole nation . some popular buildings and restaurants were here at that time but now over-cast by newer districts throughout KangNam and re-development of the classic downtown area . the whole island is divided into five parts : the massive plaza where national ceremonies (formerly overtly military) are held, the national congress, television broadcast stations, business buildings and residential apartments .
first-off : floor guide to the whole iFC Mall in Yoido island, where CGV is located under-ground at the bottom basement ≫linked here≪
and its Apple ReSeller visited on release day of iPhone 5S ≫linked here≪
* * * * * SPOILER WARNING * * * * *
[ THE STORY ]
it is interesting to find an action-packed classic science fiction movie series conjured up in espionage deception – one that aging actor Robert Redford should feel right-at-home from his former Spy Games . which also means you expect some long dramatic conversation, in-between action scenes where multiple special effects come to play .
* * * * * SPOILER ALERT * * * * *
[ TIME TRAVEL ] here is not so much actual time travel as in the classic television series Time Tunnel, but the notion that
- the evil content and will of an evidently mortal brain has been embedded in electronic memory,
- to multiply and develop secretly under the veil of another but legit defense organization,
- then flash-bang decades later in the form of an all-out terrorist attack on metropolis .
it is intriguing to realize this in the middle of the movie : much like finding out your dependable all-in-one computer HAL has turned against its astronauts in another classic science fiction movie of all science fiction movies 2001 : A Space Odyssey .
[ 4DX SYSTEM COMPARISON BETWEEN THEATRES ] could be I am confused from all the effects going on but the 4DX system offered by CGV seem to have several versions : ofcourse with different layout of the hall and location of lights and speakers, but fore-most the moving chairs . as Cine City did have water ON/OFF options and massage rod on the back only, while YongSan did not have water option but instead a soft mist instead of spray . and Yoido here does have water selection AND massage rod under-neath your calves in addition to the back .
* * * * * DANGER ! DANGER ! WILL ROBINSON ! * * * * *
[ INDIVIDUAL SPECIAL EFFECTS ]
- lights : about a dozen flashes on both sides of the hall ceiling sync effectively for realistic sight .
- wind : around the same direction perhaps a bit lower than the side-ceiling lights, wide fan blow down onto you although not much of a hurricane . effective on sky-flying scenes including heli-carrier .
- puff : of air also extrude quite often from three tiny holes behind your ears on the chair head-rest .
- water : with an ON/OFF switch on your arm-rest, a small amount of water sprays right onto your face – just enough for you to feel, and not enough for you to wipe-off with a tissue though .
- chair : rocks quite hard on hand-to-hand combat, to nausea on car-chasing scenes and gracefully around on heli-carrier hovering scenes .
on the whole : car-chasing scenes were most realistic on this movie which they had a lot ! and cannot pin-point the exact moment but SoundX system clearly seem to put this version of 4DX more realistic than others – normal 2D and 3D included – so far 😉
[ COOL AND THE GANG ] as warriors of the next generation : the new young action stars make this film a fast-paced joy-ride nomatter if they portray good or evil including Winter Soldier himself, flying Falcon and SHIELD’s counter-terror STRIKE team leaders woohah !
[ EPILOG ] Yoido CGV’s proud SoundX system added to 4DX certainly gave a semi-Universal Studio experience, and this shopping complex surrounded by haute business centres : lunch and dining after the movie was a pleasure among several choice of Western restaurants – a stark contrast to other larger mall complex where the whole place is studded with tiny restaurants and a much general crowd with a mix of kids, students, families, elders AND vendors all shouting through meals duh
– so perhaps I can tell you now that : actually Korea Tech BLog too has been compromised quite a while ago –
[ 4DX MOViE LiNKS ]
- 12.4.29 The Avengers 3D 4D 4DX Motion Simulation Surround Sound Experience Review CGV Cine City ChungDam KangNam ≫LiNK≪
- 14.3.23 Noah 4DX Movie Review CGV YongSan ≫LiNK≪
- 15.4.25 YoiDo iFC Mall CGV 4DX 3D SoundX Avengers Ultron Review ≫LiNK≪
– Korea Tech BLog –