has been a long~ wait for Korean boys and girls -_-
early reservation for Apple iPhone in South Korea will begin August 18th Wednesday 6am
at KTF TeleCommunications’ Official Sales Site
( where they also started taking early reservations for HTC Google Nexus One on June 21st
AND where iPad accessories has been on sale
even though the original hardware is yet to land on Korean shores )
this system as applied to HTC Google Nexus One in June
usually accepts reservation for a Week, then halts for a almost a Month before rolling out full sale carnavale ~
actual shipping will begin September 11th – a horrifying date in modern history .
[ August 16th evening update ]
Apple iPhone 4 price for South Korea has been announced W814,000 for 16GB and W946,000 for 32GB,
with complex myriad of Monthly programs to lesson start-out price, BUT with hefty Monthly fees .
this encompass Data usage vital to smartphone usage for the internet .
most of these programs last for a lingering 2 Years and even 3 – which is light-years away for Millennium citizens with short dedication periods .
for those who expect heavier Data traffic : you can do without these Monthly programs and set your own Data after signing up for one of the still-many normal fees which cost considerably less Monthly . if you sign up for a 2-year contract, KTF will pay aproximately W200,000 at the time of purchase where you will NOT be able to cancel NOR change ownership for the first 3 months, to pay penalty accordingly divided by remaining months if you sign-off mid-term .
also advised for these newer machines is insurance which is a bargain if you consider all the what-if’s .
called by different terms among Telecommunications company, and known as “Phone Care Programs” in KTF (I still choose to call this even after the KT merger, to distinguish from KT – your neighborhood telephone company) :
- W2,000 Monthly insurance fee to re-emburse W300,000 maximum (you pay W50,000 on incident),
- W3,300 Monthly insurance fee to re-emburse W700,000 (you pay W100,000 for damage OR W200,000 for loss)
- W4,000 Monthly insurance fee to re-emburse W700,000 (you pay W50,000 for damage OR W80,000 for loss)
this is a new program implimented from September for iPhone 4 lasting 2-years and can be asked dialing #regional number + 100.
foreigners without Korean citizenship can sign up for above Apple iPhone 4 reservation ONLY at the following 6 locations within South Korea (limited to metropolis Seoul vicinity from West to East geographically clock-wise):
- IMT Global 02-322-6000 (Seoul West)Seoul Subway Line 2 ShinCheon Station Exit 2 and to your Left,
- Olleh Square 02-733-0267 (Central Seoul) Seoul Subway Line 5 GwangHwaMoon Station Exit 2, KT Building to your Right and on Ground Floor,
- Jongro KTF Plaza (Central Seoul) 02-735-9010 Seoul Subway Line 1 JongGak Station Exit 4 and past fast-food chains : Lotteria, Red Mango, MacDonalds, KFC then turn right after 2nd large block BEFORE Burger King, is on 3rd building to your Right,
- Jongro KTF Plaza HanNamDong Branch (Seoul South) 02-793-9010 Seoul Subway Line 6 iTaewon Station Exit 3 and on your Right after walk past Fire Station AND GS Gas Station,
- A-Ram I&C (Seoul East) 02-967-8006 Seoul Subway Line 1 HoeGi Station Exit 1 long~ walk or taxi : take the large road North-West across immediate large intersection then ’til end of road to Burger King . turn Right, past 7-11 and Buy-The-Way convenience stores and on the next large block after pizza parlour,
- Miracle Telecom (Satellite City of Ansan, South-West of Seoul) 031-495-1535 Subway Line 4 AnSan Station Exit 1 and take underground path, on the fourth block : 2nd building to your RIght,
– Korea Tech BLog, August 2010 –
[ August 28th update ]
the first lot of Korean Apple iPhone 4 will start shipping September 6th to those, also known as the Luckiest People in the Korean Penninsula a decade over the Millennium .
[ September 4th update ]
surprising as it is for in Korean modern proverbs “Korean Time” meant being late, as always .. but Apple iPhone 4 will begin shipping September 10th ON schedule within the Korean Penninsula 0o0 unbelieveably, even Season 2 reservers would seem to able to get theirs before the end of this Month . and more-so, calculations result in mostly likely you can pick one up directly at the stores even without reservation in October .
Season 1 lot 1 & 2 shipping September 10th Friday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 3 & 4 shipping September 11th Saturday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 5 & 6 shipping September 13th Monday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 7 & 8 shipping September 14th Tuesday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 9 ~ 11 shipping September 15th Wednesday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 12 ~ 14 shipping September 16th Thursday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 15 ~ 18 shipping September 17th Friday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 19 ~ 22 shipping September 18th Saturday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 23 ~ 25 shipping September 20th Monday, (16 & 32GB)
Season 1 lot 26 ~ 28 shipping September 24th Friday, (16GB)
Season 1 lot 26 & 27 shipping September 24th Friday, (32GB)
Season 1 lot 29 ~ 31 shipping September 25th Saturday, (16GB)
Season 1 lot 28 & 29 shipping September 25th Saturday, (32GB)
Season 2 lots to be shipped from September 27th Monday ~
[ September 7th update ]
many prospective buyers inquiring similar questions so I might re-arrange the basics :
– this post concerns those early reservers who signed up at KTF’s on-line store Show Phone Store .
here you have largely TWO options : to have it sent from KTF when your turn comes up, OR
you can pick it up at one of the official KTF branches you chose when signing up .
( again I am using the defunct term ‘KTF’ to differentiate from your local telephone company ‘KT’ )
– if you reserved one at any independent on-line store OR seemingly a KT/KTF branch office
you should inquire directly to them for only they know when they will be getting
AND how they choose to arrange selling sequence, which really is at their mercy .
( the only official sale point in iTaewon is the KTF branch next to the Fire Station )
– belated and cautious sales to foreign residents
may have more to do with credibility to come out good on payment plans, than sheer discrimination .
plus, I suggest new-comers to the ‘Land of the Morning Calm’ read my dedicated Page above on ‘Cell Phones in South Korea’ to distinguish from buying from an official KT/KTF Branch vs. a phone store dealing various makes AND/OR carriers (telecommunication companies).
inter-related Posts :
09.2.9 Largest Apple Store in Korea Open in Seoul,
09.2.6 Apple iPhone 3GS Launch in Korea – available Models, Versions and Price to us KT,
10.8.16 Where to Buy, How to Use and How Much to Sell Apple iPad in Seoul, Busan, South Korea,
10.10.5 Apple iPad Begin Sale South Korea Early Sign-Up Reservations,
11.3.15 Apple iPad 2 Release Date Seoul Busan South Korea,
11.10.3 Apple iPhone 4S iPod Touch 4th Generation 4.5 White Release South Korea Price When and Where,